Canadian Football League

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Cantor calls it a career after 11 Canadian Football League seasons

After an 11-year CFL career that included four Grey Cups, family and business have become more important than football for Noah Cantor.
The Toronto Argonauts defensive tackle retired on Thursday, citing the need to spend more time with his wife and three kids in Vancouver while managing his growing Vera's Burger Shack restaurant chain.
"I have gone back and forth many times over this decision but I believe that now is the time for me to spend with my family in Vancouver," Cantor said in a release. "My children are getting older and my business has been growing and I need to focus my energy in those areas.
"I have had an amazing 11-year career in this league and I know I will miss it."
Cantor won three Grey Cups with the Argonauts (1996, 1997 and 2004), and one with the B.C. Lions in 2000.

He signed with Toronto in 1995 as a free agent out of Saint Mary's University and spent three seasons with the Argos. Cantor moved on to B.C. in 1998, before re-signing with Toronto in 2003 and leading one of the league's best defences.
Cantor played 195 regular season CFL games - 106 for Toronto - and made 259 total tackles and 30 quarterback sacks.
"Noah has had a brilliant CFL career in both Toronto and B.C.," said Argos GM Adam Rita. "Noah's locker-room presence and his determination & desire on the field will be missed.
"He's moving on with his life now, and his future looks bright."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


<