Canadian Football League

Monday, September 10, 2007

Fans have vote on 2007 Canadian Football League All-Star Team

The Canadian Football League (CFL) and partner Future Shop are pleased to offer fans the first-ever chance to have a voice in selecting the CFL All-Stars. Beginning today, fans can log on to and to vote for their favourite players through the CFL Future Shop All-Star Balloting program. “Our players and our fans are the heart of the CFL,” said CFL Commissioner Mark Cohon. “Through this initiative with Future Shop, it allows us to bring these two groups closer together than ever before. We are excited to offer fans the very first fan balloting program and we look forward to having their voices heard.”Fans, alongside the Football Reporters of Canada (FRC) and eight CFL head coaches will vote to determine the East Division and West Division All-Star teams, which will be announced on October 24, 2007. From the divisional all-stars, fans will then have a second opportunity to vote with the FRC and head coaches to determine the CFL All-Stars. The 2007 CFL All-Star team will be announced during Grey Cup week in Toronto , Ontario.“Future Shop is excited to partner with the CFL as an official CFL sponsor and to bring the first ever online, interactive All-Star fan balloting,” said Anita Sehgal, Director of Marketing, Future Shop. In year’s past, voting members of the FRC have been responsible for selecting the all-stars, with the addition of head coaches in the past couple of seasons. This year, the fans’ votes will account for 25% of the final vote tally, while the FRC and CFL head coaches will account for the remaining 75%. Fans are limited to one vote per day and can vote for as many positions as they wish.The program also offers fans the chance to enter the CFL Future Shop All-Star Balloting contest, with prizes including CFL merchandise, Future Shop gift cards, a $2,500 Future Shop shopping spree and a trip for two to the 95th Grey Cup where the winner will be front and centre as the 2007 All-Stars are announced. The CFL Future Shop All-Star Balloting website was created and designed by Indusblue, a Toronto-based interactive marketing agency.


Post a Comment

<< Home